Test Day Information
Candidates are advised to begin pre-test procedures with enough time. Please ensure you have downloaded the ProctorU test app to your computer prior to your sitting time.
The ACER app will be sent out to candidates a week prior to the test window opening.
Candidates may only leave the testing room to use the bathroom. There is no extra time given for this break.
Items needed for your test session
- One form of non-expired, government-issued, photo ID. Ensure that the names on your ID are displayed in the same way they are displayed on your test record.
- A small erasable whiteboard and whiteboard marker, OR 2 pieces of A4 sized scratch paper and two (2) pens.
- A clear water bottle ( no labels attached)
- Mirror ( hand held is fine) or other relfective device
Test takers are permitted to have two sheets of scratch paper i.e. 2 sheets of blank A4 sized paper OR a small erasable whiteboard and marker to complete workings and notes.
Before your session starts your proctor will ask you to show them both sides of your paper or whiteboard. At the completion of your test session, the proctor will ask you to show your rough work to the webcam and then instruct you to dispose of the paper by ripping it up or will ask to see you erased blank whiteboard.
Candidates whose native language is not English may bring a printed bilingual dictionary into the test. Dictionaries must not contain definitions of English words in English. The pages must be unmarked and all notes removed. Any candidate taking this option must submit the dictionary to the proctor for inspection before the test begins. Candidates should note that electronic dictionaries are not permitted.
The ACER Test App has an inbuilt timer so there should be no need for additional timers.
There should be no other items on your desk during the test session. Mobile phones must be switched off and placed in a location away from your workshpace. Proctors will monitor where you store them during your session.
The following items must not be brought into the test room:
- mobile phone, pagers
- audio or recording devices of any kind including cameras
- MPS players
- digital, analogue and smart watches, smart glasses or smart pens
- dictionaries other than permitted, books, papers, newspapers, notebooks
- pencil cases, rulers
- bluetooth devies such as headphones
- head coverings (unless it is for religious reasons)
Access to food (including sweets and nuts), earplugs, medication or other medical equipment (e.g. support cushion, sit/stand desk) requires special permission. If you think you will need any of these you will need to apply for reasonable adjustments.